Shannon Graham with boyfriend Recep Cetin
By Michael Carroll, Herald – “A CONFESSED Turkish killer of two Irish women asked for reporters to be banned from his trial because media reports were ‘depressing him’.
THE request came shortly after the defendant, former waiter Recep Cetin, admitted the charges of murdering Marion Graham and Kathy Dinsmore, both 53 and from Newry, Co Down, in August 2011, at the Fifth High Criminal Court in Izmir, Turkey.
Recep Cetin, appearing in court alongside his alleged accomplice father, Erup Cetin, appealed for the media to be banned because of the effect reports were having on his mental health.
He complained he was being treated like, ‘a Christian, an atheist or communist’ in the trial.
‘I am a Muslim. My father is innocent, yet he has been in prison for one and a half years. Camera records show my father was not at the scene,’ he added…
Cetin claimed he was suffering from depression because of media coverage of the case and called for the court to remove reporters from the courtroom.
‘I have read reports claiming I cut off the victim’s heads,’ he said.
‘I murdered them, that is true. But the media has reported false allegations.’
Despite his admission of guilt, Cetin defended his father and denied that he had any involvement in the double murder.
‘I swear to this country, to this nation, that whatever my father says is true. I am guilty and my guilt is a sufficient punishment for me,’ he said.” Read more.
Flashback: Turkey: Muslims Subjecting More Christians to Discrimination and Attacks, Followers of Christ Vilified in Media, Textbooks – “… Christians in Turkey continue to suffer attacks from private citizens, discrimination by lower-level government officials and vilification in both school textbooks and news media, according to a study by a Protestant group. In its annual ‘Report on Human Rights Violations,’ released in January, the country’s Association of Protestant Churches notes mixed indicators of improvement but states that there is a ‘root of intolerance’ in Turkish society toward adherents of non-Islamic faiths.” Read more.
Flashback: Turkey, Key US Ally, Added to List of Worst Religious Freedom Offenders – “Yes, you’ve read that right. The country that has become ‘a useful model for new Arab regimes’ has now been added to the list of worst religious freedom offenders in the world. Alongside Egypt who now vows to one day kill all Jews, this is a nation that the Obama Administration is now actively arming, a nation that now makes verbal attacks against Israel ‘a central feature’ of its political discourse. Welcome to the ‘new’ face of ‘moderate Islam’ …” Read more.
- Waiter admits women’s murders but insists his father is innocent (independent.ie)
- Muslim accused of beheading 2 Christians in U.S. (vineoflife.net)
- Evangelism: Take the First Step (vineoflife.net)
- Mainstream Media Ignores Beheading Deaths of 2 Christians In New Jersey (dcxposed.com)
- Egypt: Hundreds Of Muslims Riot, Attack Church In Search Of Woman Suspected Of Converting To Christianity (midnightwatcher.wordpress.com)
- Syria crisis set to dominate Kerry’s visit to Turkey – live updates – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)
- Christian-Muslim tension flares in southern Egypt (dailystar.com.lb)
- Video of Turkish Premier Comparing Zionism to Anti-Semitism and Fascism (vineoflife.net)
- Iran, Hyopocrites, and the Peaceful Muslims (vineoflife.net)