- Yield: Makes about 40 truffles.
- Prep 20 mins
- Freeze 15 mins
- Chill 30 mins to 45 mins
- Stand 30 mins
- In a food processor, place one-quarter of the cookies. Cover; process until finely crushed. Transfer crushed cookies to a large mixing bowl. Continue processing and transferring with the remaining cookies.
- Beat crushed cookies and cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined. Using hands, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place balls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy, medium saucepan, melt the 10 ounces of chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Use a fork to dip truffles into chocolate mixture, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into saucepan. Place truffles on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; freeze for a few minutes until firm or chill in the refrigerator about 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a heavy, small saucepan, melt the 2 ounces chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Place melted chocolate in a quart-sized resealable plastic bag. Snip a small corner of bag and drizzle chocolate over tops of the truffles. Chill for a few minutes until set. Store in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
fiber (g) 1, chol. (mg) 7, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sat. fat (g) 4, sugar (g) 9, carb. (g) 14, Monosaturated fat (g) 1, calcium (mg) 20, iron (mg) 1, Fat, total (g) 8, sodium (mg) 74, vit. A (IU) 97, pro. (g) 1, cal. (kcal) 126, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Potassium (mg) 48